Re: regarding APMD

On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, Kamath wrote:

> And how exactly do I "make a new kernel"??? pardon the ignorance please,
> but I am new to the UNIX/Linux world of computing.

See the Kernel-HOWTO in /usr/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/
But if you have installed the standard kernel that was shipped with debian
potato you'll just have to run linux with the  apm=on option in lilo. Edit
your /etc/lilo.conf and add append="apm=on" in the right section. For
more information 'bout the lilo.conf syntax see
man lilo.conf.

Greetz,
Jo