Re: eth0 (Xircon) does not exist

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 05:31:15PM +0100, Alberto Bigazzi wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I've got a pcmcia ethernet+modem card which I'm trying hard to setup with
> very poor outcome:
>
>    > ifconfig eth0
>    eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
>
> Here is some debug output.
> Does anyone out there see what I'm doing wrong?

I've also got a Xircon card and there are know problems [1] with these cards
at the moment.  Which kernel are you using a 2.4test or 2.2 ?  If your using
2.4 you should look in /vat/log/syslog for failed modprodes from the
cardmanager.

--
Jon

     "Along with freedom of speech and freedom of assembly, there is
      freedom to share generally useful information with other people.
      This should be an inalienable right."
             Richard M. Stallman, creator of the GNU Public License.

[1] http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/BUGS