Re: Proper suspend mode (no more on/off switching)

> So, unless you are setting up your applications to 'serve' from a
> specific ip address (which I'm assuming you're not) I don't see why
> you can't just do the same thing with your network interface as I do
> with my ppp interface.

I am running a few servers (apache and exim were mentioned already, also
ftp and sshd), as I use my laptop as a development machine for web
sites. I somehow have to tell these servers that something has changed.

Also, I often use remote access to X on my laptop when I have a desktop
Linux box standing around.

Possibly, I simply haven't understood the issue. E.g., do I have to tell X
that the IP address has changed in order to be able to connect to it from
a desktop machine? Or will it find out all by itself?

Greetings,

Hanno