Frozen pointer on a TP T20

I'm running 2.2 with the XF86 distro on the 2.2 CD, with the AfterStep
package from the Debian distro packages. This is installed on a
ThinkPad T20, and I'm using the Savage SVGA driver from

http://www.probo.com/timr/savagemx.html

Lately when I 'startx' the mouse pointer does not respond: I cannot do
anything with it, nor do the buttons work.

I have things configured to use /dev/psaux, but I'm not sure what else
to check.

Thanks in advance for any help.

    -tree

Zenkaku Language Hacker                            http://www.basistech.com