Re: apt-get dist-upgrade-except-foo1[-and-foo2] ?

Heather <star@starshine.org> writes:

> btw, I really enjoy using console-apt most because it doesn't just *do* the
> load, it shows you what dependencies it had to tag first.  This gives me a nice
> chance to do stuff in small bursts most of the time, rather than trust
> dist-upgrade ... which I do use, but only rarely.

I had a bad experience with console-apt the first time I used it, but maybe I
should give it another try some time.  But I like aptitude, because it doesn't
do *anything* automatically - you have to select all the dependencies yourself.
Which is great if you're really paranoid, or you like getting your hands dirty.

Hubert