Re: Toshiba T420CDT: serial port has trouble win irmanager is started

"A. Demarteau (linux rules!)" wrote:

> dear laptop users,
> I have a Toshiba 420CDT and because of My handicap I'm using speical
> software for my brialle-display over the serial-port (/dev/ttyS0).
> However, upon starting irmanager for the IrDA interface, ttyS0 seems to
> crahs/get disconnected/any other reason.

i don't know the reason but is there a serial port conflict? if you try
to look into the /etc/irda/drivers file and set the right port for for
it. and also the right irq and dma channel on your bios and also the
right /dev/ttySxx port to your right irq and dma on /etc/serial.conf
file.

hope this will help. sorry i no more ideas since i haven't used my irda
a long time.