Re: vlock from x11?

How about adding the Dont*'s to your XF86Config

Section "ServerFlags"
   DontZap
   DontZoom
EndSection

[snip]
;
; Anyone who has access to your console can probably get in if they're
; sufficiently determined (think boot floppy).  But I agree that there's
; no reason to make it easy for them.  What I do is start X with the
; command "startx&exit".  This means that even if someone *does* kill X
; (or tries to suspend it), they'll still be faced with a login prompt,
; rather than a nice shell prompt.
;
; Your approach sounds reasonable too -- and to make it work the way you
; described, I'd try reserving a VT, and using chvt+vlock in a script.
; But I can't guarantee that'll work, so some testing might be in order.
; :-)