Re: Damage line on screen

> A vertical damage line (single column of pixels showing red on black
> background) has appeared on my screen exactly at the centre which is
> luckily between the 2 windows I normally use.

Hm... What do you mean with ``black background''? If it is one
column...

> Is it possible I have done this by some error in /etc/X11/XF86Config?
> (I had to guess HorizSync at 31.5-86, and Vert refresh at 55-135, the
> machine is a Sharp M200 running at 1024x768).

CRT? LCD? Assuming it is CRT: It is damage to your monitor? As in, if
you move the pictures with the buttons of the monitor, the line stays
in the same spot?

You might have burnt the green and blue dots off of your CRT
monitor. If your monitor bombarded the middle of your screen on a
hSync it couldn't handle... You must've seen a bright white/cyan line
when it happened! Current monitors don't die when you do this for half
a second... Hm... Did the line appear suddenly or gradually?

Bye,
Kero.

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ------------------ http://huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+