Re: printing ascii files

> This should be an easy one to answer. When I print ascii files, I often
> get word-overflow. In other words, a word at the end of a line gets
> split between that line and the next like this:
>
> Printing ASCII should be rela
> tively easy, but for newbies
> it is not.
>

> I have read the printing howtos, but nothing seems to explain this. Is
> there a way to address this? All I want is that words at the end of the
> line don't get split between lines.

Well, in general, ASCII means you're printing all characters and
nothing but characters. That's easy, but not straightforward in the
way you might expect.

Try `man my.txt`. Your mileage may vary, depending on the layout of
your textfile.

PS: groff is underneath man, nroff and troff are alikes.

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ------------------ http://huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+