Re: useful laptop specific apps?

> Hey all.  I have gotten my new Sony Vaio all set up nicely with X and
> sound and PCMCIA networking and stuff like that.  It really wasn't too
> hard.  What I'm wondering now is what apps are available to make mobile
> life easier.  I've installed things like wmbattery to monitor battery
> status and stuff.  Is there more than that?  Since the machine is
> mobile it will be moving between networks often (sometimes with dhcp,
> sometimes with static addresses).  What do you folks find helpful in
> this situation?
>
> Essentially I'm hoping to get some of you folks to share your opinions
> on what the indispensible mobile linux apps are, since I'm coming from
> desktop experience only.
>
> Thanks
> noah

Well, jpilot looks like pilot desktop, maybe you'd like your laptop and
a palm to talk together.  And of course it's a reasonable PIM even if you
don't own a palm pilot...

I have to admit, I like living in text mode.  ssh isn't really laptop
specific, but it's the huge portion of what my laptop does.

* Heather * star@ many places...