Re: pcmcia custom installation

"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shaleh@valinux.com> writes:
> > make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs'
> > /bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
> > /bin/sh: -c: line 1: `set -e ; for d in  ; do make -C $d ; done'
> > make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
> > make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs'
> > make[2]: *** [build-modules] Error 2
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs'
> > make[1]: *** [kdist_image] Error 2
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs'
> > Module /usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs failed.
> >

> this makes no sense.  I tested what I typed before I sent the e-mail.

Did you test it with the pcmcia-cs-3.1.19 source? Looks to me like
there's some Makefile trouble in that version. If you used an older
version it may not have showed up. It certainly works fine with the
Debian package pcmcia-cs.tar.gz for 3.1.8.

> So, we have two options:
>
> a) figure out why your laptop does not like the pcmcia-cs dir.

Again, I think something changed in the Makefile that comes with the
raw pcmcia source.

> b) just grab the pcmcia-cs and pcmcia-modules package from woody.

Tried this one, as noted in another message I sent in reply to someone
else. The woody stuff seems to have changed the way PCMCIA stuff is
done. There's something about "schemes" in it and it's trying to look
at /var/lib/pcmcia for something? Probably easier to figure out the
Makefile problem.

Thanks for the reply!
Gary