Re: DHCPCD Boot configuration problem

* David Reviejo <dreviejo@terra.es> [000827 22:26]:
> * Debian User <lucilla@Astarte> [000827 14:42]:
> > I have a Compaq Armada 7400 with a 10/100 + 56k Modem PCCard. I use in in an environment which use DHCP to configure the PCs.
> > I installed on my Potato the dhcpcd package, configure it's config file's voice IFACE to 'none' and use pcnetconfig to let PCMCIA scripts use dhcpcd.
> > When i reboot, i hear a single high beep and after a lot a second low beep meaning my card was recognized but not configured.
> > But if i launch the dhcpcd command after my linux box boot it works well.
> > What's happen ? It seems the pccard initialization is to slow to let dhcpcd to configure it.
> > Any idea?
> >

> I think you need the dhcp-client package (dhcpd it's only for DHCP
> servers); and you will need to configure PCMCIA to use dhcp-client in
> /etc/pcmcia/network.opts.

As someone (Tomas) let me know by private email, I was thinking about dhcpd,
not dhcpcd (this summer is killing me :-); sorry for the confusion.

So, some things to try:
- be sure dhcpcd is not started by init at startup (you will need
  IFACE=none in /etc/dhcp/config for this).
- take a look at your logs; maybe you can find what's happening in your
  syslog files.
- if dhcpcd need more time to get a valid IP, you can modify
  /etc/pcmcia/network, and add a "-t" parameter to dhcpcd (see "man dhcpcd").

Gook luck.
--
David