Install Debian using PCMCIA Zip100 miniDrive

Hello all. I have a question regarding installing debian on my laptop. I have
a zip100 minidrive that I use with a pcmcia card. I am using it successfully
under redhat 6.1 with the ide_cs pcmcia kernel module. I was wondering if it
would be possible to install Debian from this. I have made the boot and root
disks and I want to put the drivers.tgz and the base2_2.tgz on a zip disk and
install from that. Linux sees this drive as /dev/hde4. Is this going to be
possible to do with the current debian installation method or will I need to
hack it? I have no problems with rolling a custom kernel if I have to.

Dan
Daniel E. Baumann
Phone: (414) 462-1403
E-mail: baumannd@msoe.edu (preferred)
        baumannd@trio.msoe.edu
        baumannd@penguinpowered.com (caution: dynamic DNS service, may bounce)

Web location: 	http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd
                http://www.linuxfreak.com/~baumannd

"Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code."

      -- Dave Olson