Re: Soundproblems with Dell Inspiron 7000

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, David Röhr wrote:

> My sound works nice, the soundcard thats in the box is an Maestro card.
> When I listen to music it works fine, but when I try to change the volume
> WHILE playing music, the hole computer just crashes.
>
> I can change volume before I play a song, or after, that works fine. But
> aslong as I am playing a tune and try to play with the volume at the same
> time, the system just hangs. :(
>
> Anyone have an idea what I can do?

Have you tried the ALSA drivers? There are packages for them in Debian.

http://www.alsa-project.org/

[]s,

Marcio

 * MARCIO ROSA DA SILVA                    e-mail: marcio@exatas.unisinos.br
 * Assistant Professor                             mrsva@iname.com
 * Electrical Engineering Department
 * Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos - UNISINOS
 * Av. Unisinos, 950
 * Sao Leopoldo - RS - Brazil
 * Phone: +55 51 590-3333 R:1781/1782
 *   FAX: +55 51 590-8172