Re: Turning off backlight of TFT display

Hello Stefan,

I have a Sony Vaio pcg505tr.  To get it to turn off I used xset on my session
startup to change the parameters to let X know that I'm using a DMPS capable
display.

Since I use window maker I added this to my
~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/autostart script.

xset +dpms
xset dpms 0 0 300

This promply turns the screen off after 5 minutes of inactivity.  The man page
will show the rest of the nifty options available.

Keith Geffert