Re: Help required: pcmcia-source/kernel-source-2.2.17 problem?

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Clouter wrote:
> you don't say what type of laptop you have.

I have a Compaq Presario 1060, with a Linksys EtherFast 10/100 (PCMCIA)
Ethernet card.

> Some laptops don't use 100% Cardbus compatible protocols, so this hangs
> the machine.  Recompile your pcmcia drivers with 32bit cardbus turned
> off.  Hopefully this will solve your problems.

How do I turn this off?  (This may be a dumb question, but I don't
remember seeing anything about Cardbus in "make xconfig"...)

Thanks

Etienne
Etienne M. Gagnon, M.Sc.                     e-mail: egagnon@j-meg.com
Author of SableVM:                             http://www.sablevm.org/