My X works now, but ...

Hi,

I installed the newest XFree86 4.0.1, and now it works. But there are
still some problems.

1) After start up the X, I always get a unreadable colorful screen. I
have to use ctrl-alt-+ to switch to 800x600 or 640x480 mode. I don't
know where this colorful screen comes from, since I only have 800x600
and 640x480 in my XF86Config file.

2) After start xdm, I can't login using a normal user account. Only root
is ok. If I login as others, it will give me that colorful screen. And I
have to switch to 800x600. Then I am still not logged in.

3) I can't exit from X properly. In xdm, if I click on the 'exit' in the
pop menu, it will show me the colorful screen again, and more worse,
keyboard and mouse will stop responding. I have to tune off the power
and start again.

Thanks for any suggestions!

lin

       __o       o