Re: PCMCIA oddities with 2.2.15 on TP 760ED

On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 03:53:13PM -0700, David Hinds wrote:
> It is actually a bug in the kernel serial driver, not in the PCMCIA
> subsystem.  The bug was uncovered by a change in the PCMCIA IO port
> allocation algorithm.  3.1.9 and later PCMCIA packages have a
> work-around.

Hi Dave.

I guess my shouting caught your attention! <G>

Okay, I guess I didn't understand where *exactly* the bug occurred, so
I stand corrected on the actual source of the bug.  Interesting how these
things work, but it was quite maddening to encounter the first time,
especially since Potato is working toward "stable".  I'll chock this
up to the experience of "staying on the edge"!

Thanks for all your efforts with this code, believe me it is very much
appreciated, even if we lusers don't say it often enough.

> -- Dave Hinds

- Nate >>

--

 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | heartily, but good