problems with tecra 700ct

Hello!

I just got Toshiba Tecra 700CT and I'm having some troubles when
installing Linux onto it.. the machine is Pentium 120MHz, 40MB ram, 2GB
IDE harddisk and a 4x IDE-CDROM.

The problem is with pcmcia; trying to load i82365.o gives me "Device or
resource busy"-error. Trying to load tcic.o gives me the same error.

I'm using debian potato (kernel 2.2.15pre20).

When looking /var/log/syslog I found this:

plaaplaa kernel: Intel PCIC probe: <5>  Bad Bridge mapping at 0xffeff000!
plaaplaa kernel: Databook TCIC-2 PCMCIA probe: not found.

When I run "cardmgr" I get this kind of stuff to syslog:

plaaplaa cardmgr[392]: starting, version 3.1.8
plaaplaa cardmgr[392]: no pcmcia driver in /proc/devices
plaaplaa cardmgr[392]: exiting

Any ideas? It seems to be a problem with detecting the
pcmcia-controller..What should I do? If you need any additional
information, I can provide it.

Under Windows the pcmcia controller is detected as "PCIC compatible PCMCIA
controller".

Thanks for your help.

- Pasi Kärkkäinen

ps. Please CC to me, I'm not on the list.

                                   ^
                                .     .
                                 Linux
                             Choice.of.the