Re: unexpected interrupt

Thanks for the suggestions. I've compiled a new (v. 2.3) kernel, checked the appropriate options during the config, fired it up again full of expectation, only to receive the same error.

Any other ideas?

Lance

lance hollman wrote:

> I get frequent
> 'ide0: unexpected interrupt, status=0x80, count=1'
> errors and can't figure out how to make them go away.

I believe this has something to do with your apm bios, if I am correct there is
an option available when configuring the 2.3 series kernel to fix it.

I've never lost any data from this error nor had any other problems relating to
it.

Regards,

Peter Firmstone.