boot disk problems with 2.2.13-2000-05-04/

Hi all,

I'm still having problems getting potato going on my HP 800CT and my
xircom combo card using the newest i386 boot disks at ftp.us.debian.org.

Here's what happens:

The install works up until I get a 'cardmgr.pid not found' error when
trying to 'Configure PCMCIA support'. I get two beeps and the install
continues, but when I look at /var/log/messages I see:

daemon.info.cardmgr[2324]:executing 'insmod
/lib/modules/2.2.15/xirc2ps_cs.o'

daemon.info.cardmgr[2324]:executing 'insmod
/lib/modules/2.2.15/serial_cs.o'

and then the error:

/lib/modules/2.2.15/serial_cs.o: unresolved symbol
unregister_serial_Rce8a3e65

and insmod exited with status 1.

After that I see messages that i82365 is busy and other related
problems.

Is this the issue? Is there a work around or way to NOT load serial_cs.o
- I don't need the modem support on this card. An interesting point is
that when I use Charlie Hedrin's archived versions of the boot disks, I
don't see this error until after I reboot - the network works fine up
until this point, gets base, and then after reboot can't access the
network - despite activity and link lights on the card.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Matt