Modem on a Tecra 8100?

The Tecra 8100 has one of those damn winmodems in it (and the
Lucent driver is for the 2.2.12 kernel) so I just went out and
bought a multifunction card.

I got a "Lynksys Etherfast 10/100+56K Modem PC Card (PCMLM56)".
It was the only thing in the store that was also on the
"supported cards" list.

The good news is that the ethernet half worked without a hitch,
but I haven't yet been able to get the modem side working. I
think it's just a config problem, though.

I've turned off the internal modem in the BIOS, and the early
boot messages show only ttyS00 as being present (so I think that
part worked, with the modem enabled, I get ttyS01 as well).

The tail of dmesg reveals:

Intel PCIC probe:
  Intel i82365sl B step ISA-to-PCMCIA at port 0x3e0 ofs 0x00, 2 sockets
    host opts [0]: none
    host opts [1]: none
    ISA irqs (scanned) = 3,5,7,10 polling interval = 1000 ms
cs: IO port probe 0x1000-0x17ff: clean.
cs: IO port probe 0x0100-0x04ff: clean.
cs: IO port probe 0x0a00-0x0aff: clean.
cs: memory probe 0x0d0000-0x0dffff: clean.
eth0: NE2000 Compatible: io 0x300, irq 3, hw_addr 00:E0:98:08:BB:E9
tty02 at 0x0af8 (irq = 3) is a 8250

So I think the card initialized correctly. Looking in /proc/ioports
shows reasonable values (I think).

02f8-02ff : serial(set)
0300-031f : pcnet_cs
03f8-03ff : serial(set)
0af8-0aff : pcnet_cs

And /proc/interrupts looks good:

  0:     370546          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       7961          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:     273264          XT-PIC  pcnet_cs
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 12:       9146          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 13:          1          XT-PIC  fpu
 14:      14032          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:          4          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0

Uh, but minicom can't talk to the darned thing. I've tried most
of the combinations of /dev/ttyS{0,1,2} with most of the
apparently possible port and interrupt values. All to no avail.

Is the information above sufficient to identify with the correct
setserial values should be? Other suggestions?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Puritanism--The haunting fear that