Re: pre-dependencies?

enlightenment 16.4 is only in unstable. If you don't know how to use
apt-get, dpkg, and friends, you're on a steep learning curve.

I guess you pointed /etc/apt/sources.list to an unstable (woody)
mirror and ran

  apt-get update

before trying to use apt-get for anything else. If you have some broken
packages, you may need

  apt-get -f dist-upgrade

-f = fix brokenly installed packages

You may also have to use dpkg directly to remove or install some
packages if your system is now in some strange state.