Re: as86?

> / Marcin Owsiany <porridge@pandora.info.bielsko.pl> was heard to say:
> | > to use as86. What have I failed to install?
> |
> | didn't read the docs, eh? ;-)
>
> Er, I guess not.
>
> | package bin86
>
> But if I need bin86, shouldn't the kernel source package depend on it?
> No, not for non-86 architectures I suppose. Sigh. RTFM, norm.

No, but maybe it should 'suggest' it.  No wait.  Other arch may have other
raw assemblers they need.  virtual package 'kern-assembler' provided by...
(list of the various) and 'required'.  That'd do it.

Something that -doesn't- fit the system as smoothly, that I've found a bit
frustrating:  if you tell it to fetch a package from source and build
locally, but you don't have a full build environment, it gets to (wherever
it fails in the code) instead of complaining upfront.  (guess who forgot
to install bison.  d'oh!)  I'm not even sure that's a bug but it's a pain.

-* Heather * star@starshine.org *-