Re: New Sony VAIO support?
> david> I was wondering if anyone is working on support for the newer Sony
> david> VAIO notebooks, as there are a _lot_ of features which are currently
> david> unsupported under Debian (and Linux in general, in fact).
AFAIK these features are currently unsupported:
- jog dial, shouldn't be to difficult to make a driver I guess
it might be a PS/2 device and the data stream traceable with 'mev'
from the 'gpm' package
- camera, which is probably an USB device, which doesn't mean
it will work out of the box, but there is a chance
- the display dimming, which is probably a BIOS32 function
- IrDA, there are reports about SIR working, what about FIR?
- modem, I got reports about a working modem, at least for some models
I don't know about
- GPS/GSM ??
- memory stick
hint, I would like to have such a machine and work on it ;-)
Or more serious, what about a Linux VAIO Project?
~ LiLAC - Linux with Laptop Computers http://home.snafu.de/wehe ~
~ Werner Heuser - Berlin - Germany - T. +49 30 349 53 86 ~
~ -=* Stop nuclear power plants, before they stop you! *=- ~