Re: M-TECH boot

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Nick Willson wrote:
> Looking for help persuading my laptop to boot into Debian.  I want to make it
> dual-boot, via LILO, into Linux or Win98.

What do you have in your /etc/lilo.conf? I think the answers you chose will
write only a stanza for Linux. You'll need to edit by hand and add a stanza
similar to the following:

other = /dev/hda1
table = /dev/hda
label = win98         <----or whatever you'd like to have the label

You'll probably want the following lines in the global section

prompt
delay = 100             <-------=10 sec
timeout = 100

You also can add a line

default = linux

otherwise the system boots the first stanza in the absence of an entry at the
prompt line. After editing the file, run /sbin/lilo and **watch** the output.
You should see it add each label with a * next to the default. Only if you get
that should you reboot. Anything else, edit the file carefully until it
contains no errors.

Bill