Re: modules on kernels with flavor

> Hi, does anybody compiles his own kernel with
> flavor around here? When I did this, I had
> the following problems:
>
> - The modules go to /lib/modules/`uname -r`-flavor
>   but the module loader searches on /lib/modules/`uname -r`

Worked fine with me, kernel 2.2.14
You'd not happen to use an older version?

I edited the /usr/src/linux/Makefile by hand for the -flavor, I
suppose you did the same?

> - The cardmgr complains the pcmcia modules are not for this
>   kernel, and I have to compile/install pcmcia modules manually.

I had the same.
Documented feature, as far as I recollect.

| If there were no hell to pay, would you still need a God? |
|                             -- Leah Androne               |
+--- M38C --------------- http://www.huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+