Re: PCMCIA problems with TOshiba T1900 Satelite

Dear sir :

    For CardBus card, you may find a gold strip at the connecting end of
your card. It's the only difference between R2 card and Cardbus card in
shape.

Regards,

Albert L.J. Chang
Thank you for the reply.

On the Toshiba: When I put in the card I get 1 low beep. When I remove it I
get
1 high pitch beep. The messages on the console are :
INIT: Entering runlevel:2
Starting system log daemon: syslogd klogd
Starting PCMCIA services: modules cardmgr. ( I hear the 1 beep about now)
Starting kerneld, versionn 2.1.121 (pid 124)
Setting up IP spoofing protection...done.
Starting base networking daemons: portmap inetd.

On the CTX: I get two high beeps on boot or when inserting the card. when
removed, I get 1 beep.
The messages:
Linux PCMCIA Card Services 3.1.2
  kernel build: 2.1.12 unknown

Is this a cardbus card?? I looked over the card and the docs, and it says
nothing about being cardbus so I don't think it is.

Thanx,

Ed