Re: Problems with the network and pcmcia-modules

Massimo Manghi wrote (on 29 Mar 00, at 18:02):

> I've upgraded my toshiba 4080XCDT laptop (with a 3c589 pcmcia card)
> from slink to potato.

I just got my 3com card up the day before yesterday--the 3CCFE574BT--
but as I understand it, you have to recompile pcmcia modules as part
of the kernel compiling procedure, just as you would the modules that
come in the kernel package.

But while I've got you on the phone: I have the same notebook, and my
X server (3.3.5) doesn't recover from a screen blank, like when I
close the lid. When I reopen it, the X console goes psychedelic. Does
yours handle that better? If so, care to show me your X86config?

Tony
(PS--and you haven't got the sound working by any chance, have you?)

-- Tony Crawford
-- tc@crawfords.de
-- Phone: +49-3341-30 99 99
-- Fax:   +49-3341-30 99 98