Re: Purchasing a laptop::Anyone fully satisfied with theirs?

>> [...]
>> It's now the house token Windows box - we don't even try to use its floppy
>> bay anymore.  (I bought it a Imation pcmcia LS-120.  Guess which OS does not
>> support this widget...
>
> Is it feasible to do away with floppies, zip drives, and
> the above similar type drives and just use PCMCIA flash
> RAM cards?
>
> Greg

Maybe, but the Other OS doesn't speak to the flash cards that all the rest of
the house portables INCLUDING THE CAMERA use.  Grr.

The advantage of LS-120 or ZIPs is that a moderately large number of client
sites I'd visit will have *desktops* with the support.  Now that I have a
CD-RW drive it's less of a big whoop.  Everyone has CD bays, and the laptops
I have access to that don't have CDs of their own all work great with the
one Addonics PCMCIA/ATAPI bay I own.

Anyone try their RW by the way?

If I want to share stuff with my Thinkpad, I use the network.  It speaks
ethernet just fine with a D-link card.

* Heather