Re: Status of battery

> On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 10:47:36AM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> > >
> > > Another feature I miss is suspend-to-disk. My laptop has a replaced hard
> > > disk, and obviously the BIOS doesn't support the suspend feature with this
> > > disk (it doesn't work with Win95 or DOS either).

Have you tried a FAT filesystem that fits within bootable BIOS limits?  I
know that MSwin's usual behavior is to have the whole drive space as one
hugemungus C: - likely to give it indigestion, if you just bought an 18 Gb
drive and gave each OS 9 Gb or something like that.

> > Most laptops require a special section of the harddrive set aside for
> > suspend. This usually is seen as a partition between 50 and 150 mb in size
> > with an odd type and often a special format.  On my VAIO it expects to be
> > at a certain sector.  The only way to recreate it is to run your windows
> > recovery cd on the drive, which will likely fail if you changed the drive
> > the size.  At least this is what I have seen.
>
> Indeed: Acer delivers a DOS based utility to (re)create this file in a DOS
> partition, but this utility fails to work with the new disk, and I was told
> that this is a known problem with unsupported disks (unsupported by the BIOS
> that is), therefore I thought about swsusp.
>
>     Gregor

Well, the above is worth a shot.

* Heather