Re: Shrinking X display

  Laurent> When I close my laptop (Siemens mobile 360), the screen is
  Laurent> turned off. When I open it, it's turned back on, but the X
  Laurent> display has shrinked to a 640x400, with a big black border
  Laurent> surounding it.

  Laurent> I have to restart X in order to have a 800x600 display.

  Laurent> Is this a known problem ? Should I compile a kernel with
  Laurent> APM ?

I tried to hack something with apm and chvt, but it did not work. I
put the following file in /etc/apm/event.d/ :

#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
suspend)
	chvt 2
        ;;
resume)
        ;;
esac

In fact, it looks like the script is called after the supsend
occured.

--
Laurent Martelli
martelli@iie.cnam.fr                        http://www.linuxfan.com/~laurent