RE: Problems Installing Debian on my IBM TP 380E

Hello,

kernel available at the time) which worked fine.  2.0.x does not work well
with Thinkpads.

FYI - I use the 2.0.36 kernel with an IBM Thinkpad 560.  I'm not
sure why the above comment about 2.0.x was posted.  I'm curious
though, perhaps the 560 is exempt from any incompatility problems.

I'm also not familiar with the 380, just the 560.  In any case
it took me a while to get it running, which I could not have done
without the many kind and knowledgable people on the debian-user
list, as I did not know about the debian-laptop list at the time.

Whenever this laptop quits, I will be replacing it with some other
type of Thinkpad, so again I am curious to know of any problems
and/or solutions you figure out for the 380.  It still amazes me
that my used 560 is still running perfectly after constant use.

John Miskinis