using zgv on the console with my HP OmniBook 5000cts

Hello,

	Im trying to use zgv on my HP omnibook 5000 cts and everytime i run
it the screen blanks out, the only way i can get the screen back again is if
i hit cntrl-alt delete, the console comes back, but im rebooting.

is there anything i can do to get zgv working at the console so i dont have
to fumble around with X just to view an image? the laptop has a svga card in
it, and i can view images fine in X (but i need a monitor hooked up to my
laptop to use X because the LCD screen is a non-standard resolution that i
cant figure out. (and i dont want to permanently damage it. etc.

any ideas? suggestions?

--
    -  Nick Jennings
Email: nick@namodn.com