Re: Help with pump requested

Do you have some flavor of DHCP turned on in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts?
It looks like dhcpcd, dhclient, or pump can be used. I'm using dhclient
without any problems.

pon wasn't bringing up the modem properly because of the default route
in /etc/pcmcia/network. I commented 2 lines out of the script and
dhclient and pon now work:

freedom /etc/pcmcia $ diff network network.orig
53,56c53,54
<       # changed by lee, don't need default route for dhclient
<       # changed by lee, don't want default route when using modem
<       #/sbin/ifconfig $DEVICE up 0.0.0.0
<       #/sbin/route add default dev $DEVICE
---