How to re-install from PCMCIA-SCSI-CDROM?

Hello,

I wish to re-install slink on a partition, and my Thinkpad 560
has no builtin CDROM drive.  I am very close to getting a small
floppy linux system working that can talk to my SCSI CDROM.

What is the best way to go about a (re)install?  My initial
install(s) required me to copy the whole CD to a vfat partition
under Win95, and fix up symlinks, etc., and I do not wish to do
this all over again.

When I get a floppy boot or even a small linux partition talking
to my CDROM, can I easily wipe out my hda5 partition and put
a fresh copy of slink on it?

Many thanks for any info.  I could not find the debian-laptop-FAQ
mentioned a few months ago in the archives!

John Miskinis