RE: Dhcpcd configuration

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Ries van Twisk rvt wrote:
> I run a 2.2.14 kernel and dhcpcd break under this kernel
> so I downloaded and installed the origional dhcpcd kernel.

why did you do this.  There is a whole section somewhere on the debian
website that tells you about things that do break when you upgrade from
slink to potato.  the dhcpcd package is one of them.  The page also gives
some information on how to the upgrade painlessly (sorry I can't remember
the site address but its somewhere on www.debian.org or one of its
mirrors).

Once you have the new kernel installed, you uninstall the old dhcpcd
package and then install the one found in the potato dist.  Start up the
client and everything works fine.

Alex

--
**       ((__))   Alexander "Jim diGriz" Clouter