Re: XF86Config for TP 760EL?

Thanks for the reply Heather.

We have a working mode line.  The trouble now is that when startx is
run after a boot, one must press Fn+F7 to switch to the external
display then press Ctl-Alt-Bkspc to kill the X server only then can
startx be run and get a display.  Also the display only works in 8 bpp
mode.  16 bpp creates a lot of ugly lines in the bottom 20% of the
screen.

Right now, I'm sorry to say, we're not too impressed with X.  However,
we shall persevere.  Here are more specifics:

Laptop:		IBM TP 760EL (9547 U6F)
Graphics:	Trident Cyber 9320
V-RAM:		1 Meg
X server:	SVGA 3.3.3.1
OS:		Debian 2.1r4 (2.0.38) kernel

Just supplying more info to the list to see if anyone can help slay
this beast.  Perhaps I'll need to update to frozen and try 3.3.3.6
and see if it works better (it helped my 760ED a bunch).

Thanks to all.

- Nate >>

--

 Packet   | N0NB @ WF0A.#SCKS.KS.USA.NOAM       | "None can love freedom