Re: pcmcia network cards

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Othmar Pasteka wrote:
> maybe that's already a faq, if so please point me to a faq :).
> but what's actually the experiences which network cards work
> smoothly and without problems with notebooks?
> what cheap cards are out there which can be recommended? it
> doesn't necessarily be a 10/100 mbit card, 10 is perfectly fine
> i am thankful for any comments.

Although I would of prefered the 3COM 10/100 cardbus BNC/RJ45 network card
I received the cheap and cheerful Xircom 10/100 card which works
flawlessly.  I have had not one problem with my card and it seems to
perform well (considering I paid 30 pounds for it).  I use it everyday at
either 100 or 10 speed and can't say anything bad about the card, for its
price.

I would still would take the 3COM card though :)

Alex

--
**       ((__))   Alexander "Jim diGriz" Clouter