Re: pcmcia modem

On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 11:43:15PM -0500, Tim Sailer wrote:

> Hi all.
>   I have that Xircom combo card, and I can bully the ethernet part
> into working, but I'm still having fits with the modem. Although it
> seems to configure as ttyS1, stty gives an i/o error, and even
> poking it with minicom seems to have no effect. Any pointers?
>
> Tim

I don't know if it'll help, but my Xircom combo card is recognised as ttyS3.
wvdial automatically initialised it using
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 S11=55 +FCLASS=0

There were some conflicts with setserial.  Try removing setserial and
see if your modem is then recognised.  You can reinstall setserial again
later if you want to.

Drew Parsons