Re: Shutdown causes time loss on a Toshiba Tecra 8000

Mark Phillips <mark@adam.ist.flinders.edu.au> writes:

> A friend of mine has Debian on a Toshiba Tecra.  He is experiencing
> problems when he suspends it, namely that the clock seems to go to
> sleep as well as everything else.  This means that when he resumes,
> the clock is slow.  Surely this shouldn't happen?  Does anyone have an
> idea on what's wrong and how can it be fixed?

I can say this much: I used to have the same problem, and then it
stopped.  I *believe* it was because I finally installed the apm
package, but I won't swear to that.

The laptop is at work at the moment -- if installing apm doesn't fix
this, send me email to my work addr <xtifr@cp.net>, and I'll
investigate further.