Re: Thank you!

> Apart from other things, the whole process has taught
> me:
> 1) Running X on a TP with a Pentium 75MHz/100MHz even
> with 16MB/24MB is not really an efficient way of using
> time.

I have no idea why you say that. I have a thinkpad 760 with 24 MB ram
and it runs X just fine. Only with netscape running things start to be a
bit slower than I'm used to...

> 3) KDE is better on low-powered, memory-starved
> systems than GNOME.

So, this is the real speed eater, not X. Use something lighter, like
windowmaker or vtwm if you are used to twm.

 This window manager is an extension to twm that provides several
 virtual screens.  It is therefore of good use with monitors that are
 smaller than 19".

Wouter

--
Linux daria 2.2.14 #1 Wed Jan 5 14:00:40 CET 2000 i586 unknown
 10:24am  up  1:33,  4 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.07, 0.03