Re: Base14-10.bin is broken?

*- On 12 Nov, sls wrote about "Base14-10.bin is broken?"
> While attempting to install Debian 2.2 onto a Toshiba Satellite 2545CDS, I
> got as far as Base14-10.bin, which is disk 10 of 12. The installer detects
> that disk 10 is disk 1. I tried re-downloading from a different site, but
> that didn't work. I have been using rawrite2 to write each of my floppy
> images to disk. Any ideas?

Without having any background knowledge of how the base disks are setup
it sounds like a bug in some routine that checks the image name.
Perhaps it is only looking at the first digit of the disk number since
I don't think the slink base disks went above 10.  Try sticking in disk
11 or 12 and see what it thinks they are.  The boot disks are the
primary reason for the Potato release delay so bugs like this would not
be a suprise.

An alternative is to install the slink base system and then do an
upgrade to Potato from that.

--
Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you