RE: configuration hardwareclock - timezone - localtime

On 09-Nov-99 matthschulz wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm sure this was handled before, but i couldn't find any useful stuff.
>
> Can somebody point me to a good description, how to set timezone and
> localtime,
> so i can leave the hardwareclock at CST/CDST and change the linux-systemtime
> between different timezones. How can i adjust the hardwareclock automaticly?
> So
> far i understand the docs for xntp3 and crony they adjust the systemtime
> only.

I prefer to set my bios to UTC (GMT).  localtime and friends like this a lot.

run tzconfig (on a debian box)  as root, it allows you to change your
timezones.  However there is a bug in the current glibc that ignores timezone
changes for any running clock application, you have to restart them.

ntp3 will keep your clock in sync with the global radio clocks.  This helps
offset the time loss from hibernation many people see.