Re: Lucent winmodem on Debian?

You should check to see if the modem in the laptop is compatible.  The
linux driver for the Lucent modems is for their PCI modems, and most
laptops don't have pci winmodems (if you do, it should be listed in
/proc/pci, but I don't know what as, look for something unkown or by
lucent, or that somehow resembles a modem).  As for kernel compatiblity,
the 2.2.12 module should work with 2.2.13 if you use insmod -f, the
symbols shouldn't have changed, as 2.2 has been quite stable  (I was able
to load the module, but I didn't have the PCI modem, so it couldn't grab
the resources).