Wacky problem with suspend-to-disk

I've got a wacky problem with suspend-to-disk on my Micron Transport Trek

If I suspend-to-disk while running X,  when the system comes back up,  it
insists on blanking the screen.  If I move the mouse,  it unblanks,  but
leaving the mouse in any one place for more than about 3 seconds causes a

	If I exit X and restart it,  I get the same behavior,  but
rebooting solves the problem.  Any clues?

|    Ever wonder why Windows doesn't come with the `uptime` command?     |
|   harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org lowe@asel.udel.edu  |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |