Re: Upgrading slink kernel -> 2.2.12 -no pcmcia

> I just upgraded my kernel on my laptop from the default 2.0.36 to 2.2.12.
You mean you compiled it yourself,  right?

> I did not see any pcmcia options in the kernel, so I'm assuming there
> must be another program I need to recompile?

install the pcmcia-source package.  Then:

cd /usr/src
tar -xvzf pcmcia-cs.tar.gz
cd linux
make-kpkg --revision=<whatever> modules_image
<wait a while>
cd ..
dpkg -i pcmcia-modules-<>.deb

							Will

|    Ever wonder why Windows doesn't come with the `uptime` command?     |
|   harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org lowe@asel.udel.edu  |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |