Re: Laptop used in multiple network contexts?

"Sean" == Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shaleh@valinux.com> writes:

Sean> I am packaging an app called divine.  It sends out arp discover packets and
Sean> based on this issue ifconfig's the eth device, sets up any requested files and
Sean> runs any scripts.  Should have it up soon.
Sean>
Sean> in the interim, get the source from freshmeat and give the author helpful ideas
Sean> and criticisms.

  since we are talking about laptops: will divine also shutdown my
ethernet PCMCIA card if no network connection is found?  I'm lazy, so
I'd like to keep both, the modem and the ethernet card in their
resp. slots.  But it would be nice it they were suspended while not in
use to conserve battery power a bit.

Thanks,
  -tom

--