Re: IBM Thinkpad or a Toshiba?

> A friend is thinking of buying a new laptop and putting Debian on it.
> Have you any recommendations on which one to get?  He is currently
> vacillating between getting the IBM Thinkpad and getting a Toshiba.

i am very happy with my thinkpad 390 (make sure you get the one without the
neomagic sound stuff, because sound doesn't work properly with that
chipset). also the sony vaio's are very nice if you want a light weight
solution.

i'm also getting increasingly tempted by the apple stuff that is available
though i haven't played with the ppc stuff much yet.

adam.