RE: Boot hangs at 'Starting PCMCIA services: modules' on ThinkPad i1476

Hans van den Boogert wrote:

>It is probably the PCMCIA start up script (in /etc/init.d). Try to
>rename it to x-pcmcia. If you can boot then start reading the PCMCIA
>HOWTO.

That's easier said than done if you can't get at a shell prompt :-)
However, I've found out that booting with a different version of the
kernel skips the pcmcia stuff (because of mismatching versions) and
can start looking for the cause.

PS: I goofed the debian-laptop address on the original message.
    It only went out to debian-user.  Below is the original.

--
Olaf Meeuwissen